Hospitality Industry Property Risks: Maryland Hotel Suffers $50,000 In Water Damage As Guest Is "Tricked Into Breaking Off Fire Sprinkler"

“…Fire officials said a female guest was contacted by someone at the  website and told that a gas leak had occurred in the hotel.  The  guest was then tricked into breaking off the sprinkler head in her room with a  toilet bowl cover, which then caused water to flow into eight rooms and the  floor below…”

The state fire marshal’s office is investigating an incident at a hotel in  Aberdeen in which a guest was pranked into breaking the sprinkler system with a  toilet bowl lid, which subsequently caused several rooms to flood.

Firefighters were called to the second floor of the Holiday Inn Express  in the 1000 block of Beards Hill Road about 1:30 a.m. Friday.

Officials said there was about $50,000 worth of damage to the hotel. No  charges have been filed at this point.
Read more:

(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)